Monday, January 03, 2005

XM Radio Antenna Pointing

I got a Sirius satellite radio for Christmas this year. I had been looking at them for a few months and my wife put one under the tree. It was not that hard to set it up and get it activated, took more time to crawl behind the stereo and move around a bunch of wires that needed cleaned up for months anyway.

I next pointed the antenna out the window and started to get the "standard" station that you get before you activate. Everything's going good so far, so I log in and activate the service. I listened to it for about an hour or so and then off I went for the day.

Now the next day I am listening to it and it keeps cutting in and out -- having trouble getting the signal. The antenna has not moved, pointed out the same window. It will work for about 10 minutes then go "searching for signal" for a few minutes and then it plays again. Now the antenna is not moving and the satellite is not moving, so what gives.

Now I have to go down the path of figuring out if it's the direction I am pointing it, rain, sun, heat, or who knows what the hell else...... pisses me off!

1 comment:

Big Bill Tolbert said...

One feature that you might want to be aware of is that you can listen to Sirius Satellite Radio on your PC if you are a subscriber.