Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Consolidated Financial Statement

I originally started down the path of looking for a way to keep track of frequent flyer points and frequent hotel award points. I'm not sure what search words I used in google, but ended up finding a site called Yodlee.

This sight allows you to select one of over 5,000 partners that they work with to consolidate and report out on all of your accounts on one dashboard. The dashboard can show a view of frequent flyer/stay points, net worth, and even credit card charges and investment account trades, divedneds, etc.

I have been using this site for a few years now and it is pretty much straight forward with a more functional front end than one that looks good.

While on an airplane this week I came across an article in the Wall Street Journal that talked about a new site www.mint.com and is "powered" by the yodlee engine. Since I already use the yodlee engine and it has all the security in place I decided to give the mint site a try.

The first thing that amazed me was how much nice the user interface is compared to the yodlee site. It also has an easy feature to bucket all your credit cards into budget categories and you can then see how your month over month spending is trending. I wish I had it in place for the past few years to see how the gas prices have been impacting my budget.


Anyway if you want to see all your financial accounts on one dashboard, give www.mint.com a try. If you want the frequent flyer/stat programs you need to go to www.yodlee.com.

No comments: