Thursday, July 17, 2008

Waiting for FedEx

I am sitting here in my home office waiting for the FedEx truck to show up with my new iPhone. This pisses me off that I cannot go out for lunch because if I miss him he won't leave it in the door.

It's not that bad since it's a 3G iPhone.

But this has me thinking, why can't they set it up that they have a better window than "sometime today up till 6:00pm" -- they know the route they are going to follow. They don't just drive around and drop off a package, go in the back and grab another box, drive somewhere else. They have a preplanned route so that they can be as efficient as possible.

They could even come up with something that sends a text to your cell phone when they get close. They know the packages that they need to deliver and the order they are delivering them in. They could page me with 5 homes to go, or they can even look at their GPS and calculate the time left to get to my house.

Maybe i'll send my ideas to the CIO of FedEx.

No comments: