Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Apple iPhone power options suck!

There are two things about the iPhone that piss me off and that is how you power and charge the thing.

I left my little square power block that came with the phone at a bar in the Boston airport, not that big of a deal, I have a bunch of them at home. NOT! Apple has decided to use all four connectors when you only need two of them to recharge the device. So you need to buy a new one from apple or one from a company like Griffin. The one that I bought at Radio Shack cost be $35 with tax and that is over 10% of what I paid for the phone. Imagine buying a $2,500 TV and paying $250 for the plug -- bullshit!

The second issue is why did they not just use a standard USB cable? I have bunch of them and other phones seem to use them fine. I have not done the research, but the last time I checked you only need two wires to charge a battery.

So to net it out, you can't use 90% of the wall to USB adapters that are out there, and the cable that you use is not standard either!

No comments: