Monday, March 21, 2005

Pizza Hut - Ordering over the Web

I was sitting in the living room watching the NCAA Tournament and wanted to get something to eat. My wife wanted wings and I wanted a pizza. The local bar down the street has good wings, but that required getting in the car and going out in the rain, so it looked like pizza.


The next challenge was which pizza place to call. We have about 5 or 6 that deliver and then it occured to me that Pizza Hut was now offering delivery and I could put together an order on the web.


I went to the PC and went to the Pizza Hut site and found out that I already had an account that I created before. It pulled up my default local store, and I selectd it and went off to create my order. It took a while to create the odrer since ther were many options and I was new to the site.


When I was all done, it turned out that the location that I was ordering from was not delivering that night. Now why did it not tell me that before I went through all the steps to create the order? My guess is that once I had all the time invested they thought that I would just jump in the car and go pick it up.


Wrong – I ended up not getting the pizza and don’t know when I will go through the effort on their website again.

4 comments:

Dex said...

Really, technology can get u so down (and wet) sometimes .... But anyways, ur wife got her wings, didn't she? ;)

Big Bill Tolbert said...

It was one of those days, damp and raining. We decided to raid the freezer and end the day with a big bowl of popcorn.

Big Bill Tolbert said...

Pizza Hut needs some more help with it's web site. I decided to give them another shot, and they failed again.

Based on my zip code, they decided which location was my "local" location. However it is not the closest location. I tried to add the location that was closer, but the web site had an issue with me deleting my local location and using this one.

So I had to order the pizza via phone. They need to get the kniks worked out if they want me to order pizza via the web in the future.

Big Bill Tolbert said...

It's almost time for March Madness again, you think I should give them another shot?